Raquel Barrios started Adventure Boot Camp in 2008 to combine her passion for Health, Fitness and the Outdoors. Raised in Mill Valley, she received her B.A. in Environmental Studies from Prescott College, and then returned to Marin County to resume her passion for the outdoors. Having explored the trails of Mt. Tamalpais in her youth, Raquel continues to be an avid mountain biker, hiker and is always up for an adventure. She has participated in a number of sports and activities such as soccer, weight training, dancing, swimming and yoga. She is an experienced triathlete, and an Xterra Triathlon finisher. Raquel is a AFAA Certified Personal trainer, Adventure Fitness Trainer, Nutrition educator, and has a current CPR certification.
Raquel Barrios – Adventure Boot Camp Instructor
“Feeling strong empowers me,” Raquel says. “Feeling fit and strong changed how I carry myself and how I feel as a person in this world. It gives me a different attitude about life.” Raquel’s mission is to empower women through health, fitness, and adventure. She provides a supportive and challenging environment, and brings with her a knowledgeable, fun, spirited approach to coaching.
Raquel Barrios – Education:
- B.A.: Environmental Studies, 2001, Prescott College
- Certifited Adventure Fitness Trainer: National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association
- Certified Personal Trainer: Aerobics and Fitness Association of America
- CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach(level 1): Chek Institute
- Nutrition Educator: Bauman College
- Adult/Child/Infant CPR: American Red Cross